CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Longest post ever!

I've really been falling down on my picture taking duties lately. These past few are literally the only ones I have from this past month. I need to stay on top of it better, because the time passes so quickly and I want to remember all (well maybe not ALL : ) the changes and developments with Lily. She's been having a rough patch lately. I took her to the Dr. this week thinking maybe she's got another ear infection or something. Actually, I was like, please tell me there is a medical explanation for the outrageous fits my child is having. So she got the diagnosis of an early start on the terrible twos. : ) The sweet and wonderful nurse practitioner gave me some very helpful advice and encouragement in dealing with these parenting challenges. On a positive note, Lily's vocabulary development has really taken off. She continually surprises us with the words she says or copies and the concepts she's understanding. It's a fun time of seeing her mind soaking up the world, as they say, like a sponge. The other day I was eating lunch while she was playing in the living room and I heard her say, "Kitty! Come here you!" That one cracks me up. I have no idea where she picked that up from. But she's been using it a lot ("Mommy! Come here you!"). She's been enjoying the company of Uncle Eric lately too. He's staying with us for the summer. And when he's not busy with his summer job as a mover, Lily likes his company. She's been saying, "E.T. outside", "E.T. swing", "E.T. book". Too cute. He is a sweet uncle, very considerate, and we are all enjoying having him here.
The pancake picture was from yesterday after we all enjoyed the yummy pancakes and chocolate syrup Shane made for my bday breakfast. It was a funny Lily story. She is a very picky eater, and unpredictable in the booster seat. One time she loves a food, and the next time she takes the same food and throws it on the floor. So this is her third round of pancakes. The first time (her bday) she LOVED them. The 2nd or 3rd time (I think it was Shanes bday) she wanted nothing to do with them. So we were curious what she would think of them this time. At first she stared at her tray skeptically and started saying "Down! Down!" But after I touched my finger to her lips with a dab of choc syrup and she realized what it tasted like she changed her tune quickly. We asked her if she liked the pancakes and choclate syrup and she kept saying "Choc-et! Mo! Yummy!" Funny girl. And it was a great start to one of my favorite birthdays yet. I got lots of phone calls, texts, and messages of birthday wishes. Aunt Kristi came over bearing a beautiful bouquet of tulips, and after breakfast accompanied me on a fun filled day. Shane had the day off. So he stayed at home with Lily. Yay for daddy time and double yay for a mommy break (eventhough it's one of the best jobs ever.... we need those breaks from time to time!). So Kristi and I did lots of shopping, she treated me to lunch at La Madeline, and then we went to the salon at the mall where I took advantage of my mothers day gift certificate for a pedicure and manicure. Lots of fun girl time. And as if that wasn't enough, Shane took me to a very fun dinner at The Melting Pot. I was thoroughly spoiled. And I'm so grateful for everyone who contributed to making me feel special and loved on my birthday. I love my family and friends!

2 comments:

Bryce said...

Happy Bday! Glad it was great. Hopefully yours is better, but so far the terrible twos were nothing compared to the tremendous threes. We are looking forward to Will turning 4 next month and hopefully some relief.

The Halligan's said...

I have been slacking too! I think that is life! I have a theory about the pancakes. You said Shane made them this time...Could it be that she just doesn't like how you make them? ha ha! Just kidding! Hailey is a really funny eater like that as well. We miss you guys and I am so happy to hear you had a great birthday! Love you!