CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 20, 2009

I wanna cat!


So Lily is acquiring verbal skills like crazy now. She's getting more and more words, and over Easter weekend broke out in her first sentence... "I wanna cat!" This was hilarious because my Mom who hates cats was sitting at the table with us when she said it. I had been talking to Shane about how one of my friend's was wanting to get rid of one of her 3 very sweet kitties now that she has 2 babies and less time for animal maintenance/play and he was not super fond of the idea at first. But within 24 hours of Lily uttering this first sentence he had busted out his jigsaw and was cutting out a hole in the garage door for the cat. Hahaha! A Daddy's love for his baby girl is pretty big. Anyways it has been so adorable seeing Lily bond with this kitty. She wants to follow him all over the place and give him hugs constantly. I can't tell you how many times a day she asks where the "ditty" is. These are sweet memories. In the 2nd picture I was trying to capture her playing phone with Gretsky the cat. She would put the phone up to his ear and say "hewwo!" and then put it up to her own ear and say "hewwo!" Emma is still adjusting to the idea of a fellow pet especially since Lily is so enamored with him right now, but I've been giving her lots of extra attention to make up for it.

0 comments: