CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 2, 2009

My kid will never.....



I remember a dear friend and mentor warning me in my pregnancy not to preface sentences with "My kid will never..." as you find yourself allowing different things you used to find appalling and/or annoying in the spirit of survival and choosing your battles. I remember having the idea that many kids I saw were allowed to make a lot of messes, and that was something that I had subconsciously filed under the "My kids won't" section of my brain. But these ideas do change, don't they? I've decided that kids should be allowed a certain number of messes, and in fact, it is often these "messes" that create the happy memories and learning experiences. So as I was getting ready one day, I let Lily go to town with some of my old makeup. And this was the end result. Her face while applying the product was super focused- lips pursed, eyes zoned in on her reflection with a steady gaze. And she was so proud of her handy work. It was hilarious.

0 comments: