I have been feeling sentimental and reminiscent with Lily's first birthday approaching. I still can't believe my baby will be one in 5 days! This year has been a whirlwind, and there are so many things that I want to capture in my memory about this time with our Lily so far. Here are a few of them:
- The moment Dr. Lo pulled Lily out of me and put her on my belly was the happiest and most surreal moment of my life. I'd heard people talk about the instant connection you feel with your child, but none of that prepared me for the blinding love I felt for this little baby girl from the instant I first saw her and felt her in my arms. It was obvious from his instant need to protect her that Shane experienced this too. He has worried about this baby from the moment she arrived (just ask our family and friends), but only because of the love he feels for her.
- I remember how she loved to be snuggled up into a swaddled little baby burrito and cradled in your arms. Shane and I spent so much time cuddling, walking, rocking, and soothing this new addition to our family. And now that she's getting into toddlerhood and a newfound sense of independence I value the snuggles and cuddles that are few and far between compared to when she first arrived.
- She has always been ready to be on the go. With all her physical developments from holding her head up and looking around, to rolling all over, to crawling sitting and pulling up, to now walking and even running. This baby was born with places to go and things to do. She loves interacting with the world around her, and eventhough it's gone by too fast it is a joy to see her enjoying life and her new developments.
- Lily is loved by so many family and friends which is a huge blessing for both her and her parents. It is invaluable to be so close and in contact with a network of loved ones as we share in Lily's life. We love you all.
- Lily shows her love and happiness to both Shane and I now with hugs, kisses, smiles and giggles. She lights up our life. Not to say it's all pie in the sky. There have been many times where we have voiced my Mom's frustration that "Children don't come with instruction booklets" She definately keeps us on our toes- whether its figuring out how to soothe her, working on shaping her behavior, trying to get her to eat (she is one picky eater lately), wondering if she's getting enough sleep, or trying to keep her out of dangerous situations. She definately challenges us at times and keeps us working (and I'm sure it's only just begun). But it's all worth it for the depth, joy, and love she brings to our life.
- Lily loves the water! It doesn't matter if it's the bath (where she's recently taking to splashing and 'swimming' on her tummy), playing in the pool, or hanging out in the yard with a water hose. The water is a guaranteed way to cheer her up when she's looking for something fun to do.
- She loves dogs and kitty cats. She gets so excited to see Emma when we come home from being gone. She thinks it's fun to share her food with her buddy, Emma (who is happy for the treats). And she gets super excited about the neighbor's cat when he ventures into our yard.
- Lily is a blankie baby. She has two blankets that she is super attached to and carries around all over the place, especially when she's tired.
- Her favorites: book= Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? (She'll flip back and forth through the pages for like 10 minutes), foods (right now because they change regularly)= yogurt, cheese, crackers, and blueberries, outing= playing at the mall play area, song= Amazing Grace (I think so anyways because she always hums when I sing it to her lately), activities in general= anything in the water, being outside, dancing (very comical), and any interactive play with Mommy and Daddy (Daddy is especially good at coming up with new games).
We love you so much Lily Grace! And we look forward to many more years of the joys, challenges, sweet memories, and love you bring to our lives!
-
Monday, September 1, 2008
Reminiscing....
Posted by Jenny at 9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment